Friday, March 22, 2013

System for timing charts


Timing charts - the stonehenge of animation, well atleast for me. As I was making my final homework for Force animation, I noticed I'm not being extremely challenged about it. I mean the deadline is challenging as always, and I'm sure I'm not going to finish the whole animation in time, but animation skill-wise, that's about the only other thing that is challenging me, the other one is drawing cute limbs. So I decided to incorporate the use of timing charts which has always been a mystery to me.

This is what encouraged me to do so: 

http://tombancroft.blogspot.com/2012/03/timing-charts-for-traditional-animation.html

Here are Tom Bancroft's awesome notes in that post:







That post is golden, four simple images explained timing charts to me in a way 
books and videos have never been able to accomplish. 

I made a simple step-by-step version for myself as well, since I'm still a beginner at this. 


Pretty sure these rules will change over time as I learn how to use the charts more, but for now these will do as I gotta get back to work on the animation. Catch you on the flipside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment